Remember Eats, Shoots & Leaves? Lynne Truss drew me in with her winking charm and the promise of a new experience. Here’s her enticing lure ~
Either this will ring bells for you or it won’t. A printed banner has appeared on the concourse of a pertrol station near to where I live. “Come inside,” it says, ” for CD’s, VIDEO’s, DVD’s, and BOOK’s.” If this satanic sprinkling of redundant apostrophes causes no little gasp of horror or quickening of the pulse, you should probably put down this book at once.
Isn’t she clever? At age 48, Truss wrote a book about punctuation. The genius of her book is the title and that one elaborate panda joke. I see plenty of bloggers who follow her lead. So, I say, let’s dip a toe in her water. Here’s my pitch ~ A Greater-than-Amazing Invite that will ring your bell….or not.
I invite you to be a Guest Blogger here at Words We Women Write.
It’s a Joyful Thing.
And seriously, what’s more satisfying than a chimingly great conversation?
Mark Twain’s journal/diary is a blog without a web. His entries are short, witty, observational, explanatory, and fanciful. He busied himself with a heap of sharing, wrote about what pleased him and persuaded us to experience it too.
Grief can take care of itself;
but to get the full value of joy
you must have somebody to divide it with.”
So, here’s how to divide your Joy ~
- Choose your own adventure. Be honest, simple and short. 6 words, 6 sentences, 66 characters. Be Pythonesque, Tiggerish, or Thoreauvian. Dickensian, Byronic or Confucianist. Maybe you’ve just got an itch to scratch. Be the grizzly among the teddy bears. Be edgy, fringy or gonzo. Or earnestly engaging with truffles-and-caviar prose.
- Want to include a photo? jpeg is best.
- Add a link to your site, Twitter or Facebook page.
- We’ll eyeball your post, edit ( Truss says a little mark can make a big difference ~ Call me, Ishmael ) and add a short intro.
- Send your submission to jtgiarnese (at) sbcglobal.net in the body of the email.