WP Sara’s challenge ~ Share a photo that means layers to you.
Layers can reveal, conceal, and make something more complex. They can vary in size, texture, color, or functionality. Each layer can have its own story, meaning, or purpose. They can overlap, blend, or be distinctly separate. A layer doesn’t have to be a part of a single object but can even be a slice of a multifaceted image or scene.
When I visited London last year, it was all brass polish, bunting and gardeners. Quite skilled gardeners, hard at work in the Royal Parks.
I saw this five-ton floral sculpture at the Buckingham Palace end of St. James Park, a tribute to the Queen on her Diamond Jubilee. It took five weeks to make, stood more than 12 feet tall and was assembled in Cornwall.
13,500 individual plants are layered in this replica of the St. Edward’s Crown used during the Queen’s coronation ceremony.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Layers (kmgn.me)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – ‘Rock Strata’ LAYERS (uniquesochic.com)
- weekly photo challenge: layers (wisemonkeysabroad.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Layers (ambitiousdrifter.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Layers (tchistorygal.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Layers (nwframeofmind.com)