Who doesn’t love a list? says Michelle W. Her challenge ~
Write one! Top five slices of pizza in your town, ten reasons disco will never die, the three secrets to happiness — go silly or go deep, just go list-y.
Thirteen Random Things About Me
- My given name is Anthonia. Not anybody’s first choice. That would be Anthony. That last critical syllable got changed in the birthing room, much to the dismay of my grandfather.
- I’m an only child of parents who were past mid-life when I was born. They didn’t adjust their lives much so I got to shuffle through antique stores and scuff around gravel pits a lot. Disneyworld? The Atlantic Ocean? You’re kidding, right?
- My Aunt Phil was a bookie and my cousin Lenny was the head of the steelworker’s union in That State that’s famous for political hijinks. (Hmm, doesn’t narrow it down much, does it?) Aunt Phil made a mean marinara. And Lenny, he didn’t have to walk on steel beams or stand atop high-rises during construction – ever.
- I never went to camp. I didn’t learn to swim. Which was never an issue anyway. (see #2)
- If it couldn’t be made in a Dutch oven, Mom didn’t make it. And no one else could either. Our kitchen was a closed shop. I love kitchen gadgets and gizmos and all things culinary. I went to France to cook with Michelin chefs but still can’t eat foie gras.
- I recognize chocolate as a food group. You’ll find it in the trapezoid at the bottom of my pyramid. Or in the largest section on the new Michelle Obama Healthy Plate.
- Regrets, I have a few. But that’s the Unbearable Lightness of Being Me. I’ve had sixty-four Januarys of joy and luck. How good is that.
- About that luck – In high school, there was a bomb scare during midterms. The test period was shortened, so I didn’t have to translate the last section on the Latin IV exam into English. Thank you, caller, you saved my a**.
- I like to pass cherry-red Ferraris on the Amalfi Drive, Bugattis on the Lake Como road, and RV caravans on the interstate.
- I am a devotee of http://www.freecycle.org, enriched by the opportunities to reuse and recycle stuff with like-minded folks.
- The sound of glass clinking on marble is music to me. There’s going to be fine wine at dinner tonight. Not Black Box.
- Give me anything bobbing in garlicky butter. Julia does know best.
- Hold onto your escargot….more random thoughts ahead.
Craving more lists ? See how other WP users get list-y!